Hours: 35 Hours per week
Compensation: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Location: Hybrid (1-2 days a month reasonable travel for work around the UK)
Term: 1 year contract (with a 3-month probationary period)
Apply via the application form
About the Role
Amaliah’s and Halal Gems’ social channels are at the heart of our community. At Amaliah, through agenda-setting conversations, culturally relevant discussions and educational content, we strive to serve the needs of Muslim women, celebrate them and amplify their voices and experiences. At Halal Gems, we are passionate about curating and creating elevated experiences for Muslim audiences; making Halal Gems the go-to content destination for places to eat and things to do.
This role will be right for someone who:
- Has previous experience in social media management and content creation and is seeking their next challenge.
- Has a creative mind: someone who can come up with and execute ideas (both their own and ideas from the team).
- Understands what works on social media channels to create engaging content, be fully immersed in the latest content trends and be able to differentiate content for each platform.
- Be able to think commercially to create innovative content for our paid partnerships.
- Is a self-starter with a strong work ethic who is able to work independently but also to collaborate and work alongside our award-winning team to serve our community.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Social Media Management – Overseeing and coordinating content across Amaliah and Halal Gems’ social media channels, including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Content Creation – Innovating ideas for content franchises (money, faith, relationships, fun and culture & lifestyle) and paid campaigns, emphasising originality and freshness.
- Data – Utilising analytics for content planning and analyse content performance to inform the overarching strategy in collaboration with the Head of Content & Partnerships.
- Team Collaboration – Collaborating with social, editorial for regular community engagement and with commercial colleagues to align content with Amaliah’s audience and advertiser preferences.
- Research and Community Engagement – Keeping up with the latest trends and conversations happening in the community and incorporate them into our content (e.g. producing videos / content as a response)
Please see the full job description via the link
- Complete our application form by Sunday 12th November 2023
- If successful at the application stage, you will be invited to conduct an interview with the CEO and Head of Content & Partnerships
- If necessary, a second round of interviews will be conducted
If your application has been unsuccessful, we will be in touch no later than 4 weeks after the deadline to let you know. Due to the volume of applications we receive for each role, we are unable to provide feedback to all candidates.